1. Celebrating Coeducation at Davidson. A really cool event with awesome women (and men!) present. Check out my blog post here.
2. Surprise snow! What a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon, watching it fly in from nowhere.
3. Valentine’s spin class. Complete with decorations, chocolates, and a loooove playlist. And we all sang along to "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You." So fun!
4. The annual UMAR luncheon. UMAR is a wonderful organization of the United Methodist Church, working with adults who have developmental disabilities, providing independent housing and help with jobs, etc. Their annual luncheon is always an inspiration - we get to hear from participants, parents, mentors, and staff about what UMAR means to them. They also have gorgeous art and jewelry for sale, made by the participants in the arts program.
5. Seeing family! My mother came to visit for a cozy weekend, my dad drove through town for lunch, and we got to see cousins on the way back from...
6. Our trip to Knoxville, Tenn., for a wedding last weekend. We'd never been there before, and discovered some great little niches, including The French Market on Gay Street. (See my photo of strawberries and cream crepes: GO THERE.) (Also, watching the 'Cats beat Montana!)
Enuma Okoro, a great e-mail exchange with blogger and writer Michelle DeRusha, reading On Writing by Stephen King (so good), and starting the second term of my memoir workshop. All rejuvenating and exciting!
8. Lent. I always appreciate the chance to turn inward and make this season significant.
. Gatherings with friends, including a Super Bowl party and mid-week potlucks.
10. The Acid Reflux Solution, by Dr. Jorge Rodriguez. A really comprehensive look at acid reflux and GERD, and delicious recipes to help prevent it.
What were your highlights of the shortest month?