|Friends in town for the Davidson game|
2. Toast and tea. I got a toaster for Christmas (thanks, parents!) and it has been a lovely addition to my kitchen. The joy of toast and butter (and sometimes honey) and a mug of tea is a winter necessity.
|Vision board 2013|
4. Downton Abbey. It's become a January/February tradition for us to eagerly await the U.S. launch of the show and watch on Sunday nights. Except after last week... It sure won't be the same. I'm in denial. *Sob.* Also, our tradition of Downton dessert. We make one to eat while we watch. It's often these molasses cookies from joyofbaking.com. Last week, it was Orangette's magnificent almond cake. And let's face it, I feel very British drinking tea (normally this kind for Downton - my boyfriend bought it for me last winter, and now I can't drink it without hearing the opening theme) and eating some kind of sweet.
|More basketball fun and friends|
6. Davidson basketball. Need I say more? Already excited for the conference tournament in Asheville.
7. The women's retreat I went on last weekend - it was wonderful!
8. Les Miserables and Skyfall. Anne Hathaway and Judi Dench, I love you both. (And on that note, how about the Golden Globes? Tina Fey and Amy Poehler rock.)
|Steep Canyon Rangers|
10. Last but certainly not least, perhaps the best part of January has been getting up early (with little to no groaning) to blog and putter around before work. Definitely a habit I plan on keeping. It's amazing how less anxious I feel when I don't have to rush around after getting up late.
Your turn: What were your favorite parts of January?
(Thanks to my friend/mentor Rosie for this idea!)